Monday, March 9, 2009

Larkin get-together

It was a great time at Larkin's as usual. I managed to get 62.5 up on the hublift but the plates kept sliding off(pictured). The other hublifts are 57.5 and 52.5 respectively. The lever is Lipinski's 20lber. The spring is Larkin's "big black" tractor spring. Super hard to bend but I'm getting better at it, still needed Don's help to get it for that picture though. Curiously, I bent it further when trying to do it with strict wrist torque rather than trying to whip it forward and kink it that way. I also managed to get 5 10's up, a solid entry level Mash Monster close on vid and a few 40 blob lifts. I can't remember everything that went on, even what I did, but I know that the other guys there hit some big-time pr's or at the very least tied them. 2 new bastards came out of the meet thanks to their bending G8's in deer skins and single suede pieces and my wrapping techniques. Matt, a senior in high school and from what I understand and incredible all-american football player, was very happy to finally get his first bastard. That cat is strong!!! Bent 2 G8's in his deer skin wraps before the bastard!





1 comment:

odin said...

Great stuff Zach, thanks for sharing. 5 dimes is a great feat for someone with your hand size. The hubbing looked cool also.

Current goals

  • Squat 185x100@185
  • Deadlift 500@190
  • Squat 405@190
  • Snatch 50kg KB
  • Bend 5/16x8" FNL Grade 8 Bolt
  • Overhead 2 100lb DB's
  • Bench 300@185